Day two of the 2017 Caribbean Cup saw the competition heat up. Athletes were feeling the pressure as 17 competitors ended up turning around short of their target depth and 6 were disqualified for various reasons.
For those that did start and hit their depth, 6 more National Records were claimed on Sunday:
- Ricardo Montans (Argentina) – 85m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Jessea Lu (China) – 85m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Amber Bourke (Australia) – 70m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Natalie Rudman (South Africa) – 50m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Frank Gutierrez (Guatemala) – 60m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Amerigo Moran (Guatemala) – 66m Free Immersion (FIM)
RELATED: Freediving Disciplines Explained
Athletes have been posting on social media with their views of their performances at the competition with a mixture of emotions:
Full Results and Images Below:
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.