The Sea and Learn Foundation will be hosting an event on the Caribbean island of Saba for the whole of the month of October this year.
The project brings a host of scientific experts together and is packed with field research, surveys above and below the water, and nightly presentations on a wide range of nature topics. Some of the experts to feature this October include:
- Chelsea Black, from the University of Miami Shark Research and Conservation Program who is studying shark immunology and how it can improve health outcomes in humans.
- James Oris, a well know expert on environmental toxicology, will be discussing the effects of oil spill on the marine ecosystem.
- Lindsay Dougherty will be discussing various underwater survey techniques and how to identify the various bivalves encountered on dives.
- Joe Pawlik, from the Department of Biology and Marine Biology at University of North Carolina Wilmington, is a renowned sponge expert, and participants can take part in his project to survey Caribbean sponges.
- Hannah Madden will be observing and researching the Red-Billed TropicBirds that live on the islands of Saba and St.Eustatius.
Sea and Learn aims to bring together experts, locals, and visitors to explore, educate, and raise awareness of the environment around us.
You can contact the Sea and Learn Foundation to reserve your place here or check out the video below.