CHASING has launched the DORY, the company’s latest underwater drone.
The new compact drone has a host of features and follows on the company’s success with its GLADIUS drone in 2017. Features of the DORY include:
- Compact, small and portable less than the size of a sheet of paper.
- Designed with minimal moving parts for easy maintenance and durability.
- 1080p camera with an F1.6 lens. Capable of producing stunning video and still imagery.
- An intuitive, user-friendly interface that is easy to set up and use.
- Two-person control functionality, so one person flies the drone, while the other operates the camera.
- Mobile functionality- the DORY can be controlled from the CHASING DORY Mobile App.
- A flexible buoy and tether system.
According to Johnson Zhang, the CEO of CHASING:
“CHASING is driven to provide consumers the most portable, accessible, and technologically advanced drones. We applied what we learned from the successful launches of our first two drones to DORY and are thrilled to offer the first underwater drone truly optimized for the mass consumer market.”
The DORY is available to pre-order, with prices starting from US$299/~£242 /~€272, with first deliveries scheduled for October 2019.
Check out the Kickstarter page here.
(Remember: This is a crowdfunding campaign, so you are helping to fund the development of a project, but not a finished product. Please make sure you research the project before spending any money.)