For over a decade, Vertical Blue has been setting the stage and the pace as the world’s most prestigious freediving competition. An international event hosted by 18-time World Record Holder William Trubridge, 2019 saw the event take a hiatus but the good news is that it will be back in full swing in the summer of 2020.
Marco Cosentino, long-time friend, and safety to Trubridge, recently announced the opening of two positions for the VB safety team via the Vertical Blue Facebook post:
The post said:
“We offer you the opportunity of becoming part of the Vertical Blue 2020 Event and to join the VB Safety Team Family, the most professional, enthusiastic and cohesive safety team in the freediving world.
THE TEAM: Since 2009, the VB Safety Team has been defining state of the art standards in freediving safety and is continuously working to improve the protocols and procedures around freediving competitions.
The VB “Professional Safety Freediver” program demonstrates the most advanced standards in freediving safety and its methodology has been adopted by other organizations and competitions around the world.
THE EVENT: VB2020 will take place from June 24th through July 4th, 2020 and if chosen you will be requested to be in Long Island one week before the beginning of the competition.
OUR VALUES: We believe that the strength of our VB Safety Team resides in the essential characteristics that each member of the team must have: passion, dedication, mutual trust, focus on goals and results, organizational skills, cooperative approach, respect.
THE POSITIONS: We are looking for two Safety Freedivers to join in our team, one Female and one Male. The candidates should possess good experience in freediving safety and shall have very good communication and interpersonal skills. We believe that technical skills and physical capabilities are very important but there are some soft skills which are even more important in order to best integrate into our tight-knit family
The candidate we are looking for has the following skills:
– CWT personal best > 50m
– Freediving Instructor certification
– BLS\BLSD\First Aid certification
– Medical certification
– Insurance certification
– Proficiency in English
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Culinary Expertise is definitely an added value
WHAT WE OFFER: We are offering the possibility of being part of the most important Freediving Event in the World and the package includes a wage of US$2000 (~1797 Euros) which shall be used to cover the expenses for travels, accommodation, meals and transportation in Long Island.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VERTICAL BLUE SAFETY POSITION: If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and if you feel it will be a good fit given your relative experience, and if you are willing to work seamlessly with some of the most seasoned Safety Divers, Platform Crew and Medical Staff you should apply. If you are sincerely interested in executing the job requirements, no matter how big or small, and will be motivated to perform at your top level this is the application process you have to follow:
– Send a complete CV listing all your background experiences and certifications (maximum 2 pages) to email [email protected] and please attach a Motivational Letter (max 1 page)
– Upload on the Vertical Blue Facebook Page a promotional video of maximum 1 minute in which you shall (1) introduce yourself (2) describe what being a safety diver means to you, (3) describe which values Vertical Blue inspires in you (4) describe your motivation and why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
The candidatures will be closed on 20th December 2019 at 00:00 CET Time.
The VB Committee will then evaluate the profiles and by the 30th of December we will define a shortlist of 3 Females and 3 Males candidates, based on the following criteria:
– 2 Females and 2 Male candidates will be chosen directly by the VB Committee based on the CVs and experience of the candidate.
– 1 Female and 1 Male candidate will be chosen by the public and based on the promo videos which will receive more likes.
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
We will then proceed with the Skype Interviews of the selected candidates in the presence of the Event Organizer, William Trubridge, and the Chief of Safety, Marco Cosentino.
Before January 15th, the two new Vertical Blue Safety Team Members will be announced on the Vertical Blue Facebook Page.