Russian freediver Alexey Molchanov continued his run of excellence at this year’s Vertical Blue competition, setting his 31st world record with a Constant Weight with Monofin (CWT) dive to 133m/442ft.
Five National Records Set
Five more national records were set today, four of them by women.
- Slovenia’s Alenka Artnik dove to a Constant Weight with Bifins (CWTB) record of 107m/351ft.
- Japan’s Hanako Hirose set a CWTB record with her 85m/279ft dive.
- South Africa’s Talya Davidoff dove to 82m/269ft in the CWT discipline.
- Hungary’s Fatima Korok dove to 65m/213ft in the Constant Weight No Fins (CNF) discipline.
- On the men’s side, Germany’s Stefan Randig set a CNF national record with his 78m/256ft dive.
Day 3 saw ten divers receive colored cards, five blackouts, two failed surface protocols, two divers pulling on the line early, and two cutting their dives short.
Check out the full results below and the video replay of all the day’s dives.