The folks at Just Apnea have compiled and released on Facebook their pool freediving rankings for AIDA and CMAS performances.
The rankings are for the period October 2016 to September 2017, and include the following categories for indoor pool performance by both men and women:
- Dynamic With Fins (DYN-monofin).
- Dynamic With Fins (DYN-BiFins, flutter kick only).
- Dynamic No Fins (DNF).
- Static Apnea.
The top athletes, according to Just Apnea’s latest rankings, are as follows (and note that these aren’t official AIDA/CMAS standings, they’re simply Just Apnea’s rankings):
- DYN-Monofin: CMAS Goran Colak 279m/915ft.
- DYN-Bifins: CMAS Andrea Vitturini 246m/807ft.
- DNF: AIDA Mateusz Malina 215m/705ft.
- Static Apnea: CMAS Goran Colak 9’58”.
- DYN-Monofin: CMAS Alessia Zecchini 232m/761ft.
- DYN-Bifins: CMAS Livia Bergonzio 196m/643ft.
- DNF: AIDA Magdalena Solich 191m/626ft.
- Static Apnea: CMAS Veronika Dittes 8’53”.
According to Just Apnea, to qualify for their ranking list, the following minimum performances must have been met by athletes:
- DYN-Monofin: minimum performance 210m/688ft.
- DYN- Bifins: minimum performance 175m/574ft.
- DNF: minimum performance 160m/525ft.
- Static Apnea: minimum performance 7’30”.
- DYN-Monofin: minimum performance 155m/688ft.
- DYN- Bifins: minimum performance 130m/574ft.
- DNF: minimum performance 130m/525ft.
- Static Apnea: minimum performance 5’30”.