2016 is drawing to a close and we’re in a bit of a nostalgic mood so went back through our archive from this year. It’s been a great year for content – we’ve published 877 news, features, and galleries during the year.
We took a look at how popular certain posts were based on what you, our readers, have been reading and sharing – we’re now proud to present our top 10 posts from 2016:
- Top 10 Wreck Dives In The World [DIVING TRAVEL]
- Cousteau’s Calypso gets a new lease on life [SCUBA DIVING]
- Scuba Diving & Yoga: The Similarities & Benefits [SCUBA DIVING]
- William Trubridge Makes the Steinlager Sequel at 102M and Takes the World Record [FREEDIVING]
- Top 5 Places to Dive with Big Sharks [DIVING TRAVEL]
- Mares Introduce Their New Freediving Line [FREEDIVING]
- Florida May Ban Spearfishing on Scuba and Lower Lobster Limits [SPEARFISHING]
- William Trubridge Breaks World Record In Free Immersion (FIM) [FREEDIVING]
- Review: Deepblu COSMIQ – Smart Dive Computers Are Here! [FREEDIVING/SCUBA DIVING]
- World Champion Freedivers, Stunt Doubles and Sharks [FREEDIVING/UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY]
The posts showcase some of the most amazing content we have. Don’t forget to check out some of the posts we have published in the following categories:
- Scuba Diving
- Diving Travel
- Ocean Advocacy
- Photo of the Week
- Video of the Week
- Underwater Photography
We also launched 3 guides on the site this year (with more to come in 2017!). I’m incredibly proud of the authors and contributors who created them and I’m confident you’ll agree when you take a look:
- Beginners Guide to Freediving – by Emma Farrell
- Beginners Guide to Scuba Diving – by Charles Davis
- Top Dive Sites of the World – by Jennifer Palmer, Karen Phillips, Stef Mallaci and Jonny Rowntree
I personally want to thank the whole editorial team for their contributions this year – from the editors, associated editors, forum moderators, on-site reporters at events & competitions, staff writers, contributors and photographers who have worked with me over the year to make this one of the top online destinations for divers and underwater enthusiasts.
Finally, I want to thank you – our readers, followers, members, and subscribers – for making this an amazing place to be in our little corner of the internet. Wishing you a very happy new year and see you in 2017!
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.